Friday, June 8, 2012

Bittersweet

    Yesterday was the end of an important chapter in my life. Seven years ago I began my journey as a kindergarten teacher in Grand Prairie ISD. I was hired at Houston Elementary which was the school attended from first through fourth grades. After 3 years, I moved with my principal at the time Jean Nunez to open Hobbs Williams. Most of my very best friends from Houston also went to Hobbs.

    I am so excited that I'll only be working two days a week and will be able to be home more with my boys! However, it was a lot harder to say goodbye yesterday than I thought it would be. I cried while saying my final goodbyes and when I left my empty classroom for the last time. On the last day of school, my friend Robin came down with her third graders for our final reading buddies session. I stepped out of the room for a few minutes and came back to this:


I just couldn't erase it...so I took a picture and then left it. The teacher who replaces me will have to erase it. Some of the third graders who signed the board were my kinder babies the year we opened Hobbs. Robin and I have been reading buddies for 7 years...I think I'll have to go read to her class next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment