Thursday, June 30, 2016

First Week of Summer

     Our first weekend of summer vacation was great! The boys had their final soccer games. Grandma, Justin, Aunt Calli, and the babies were at both games. The boys loved having so many fans cheer them on! Lucas's team played hard, but lost. They received medals because all kids that age do. Logan's team played in the championship game and won! Logan was proud and excited to receive his trophy!

    The boys went home with Grandma, and we went to eat dinner and watch Captain America: Civil War. We were long over due for a date night. 

     Sunday morning, Joshua and I went to visit my Grandpa. We had been told he would be going into hospice care, so we were soaking up as much time as possible. We watched college women's lacrosse. I fed him some lemon Italian ice. It was hard to see him in so much pain. 

     Then we headed out to spend some time with Joshua's parents and pick up the boys. The boys always love jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler. 

     Sunday night on the way home, my throat felt scratchy, but we had been out in the country so I didn't think much about it. 

     Then Monday, I woke up with the worst throat pain ever and slept most of the day. It was a good thing we didn't have any Memorial Day plans. 

     Tuesday I was diagnosed with strep. It was my first time to have it. I hope it's my last. I was so upset because I couldn't see my Grandpa. I couldn't risk passing it to him. I noticed Lucas has a small rash around his nose, but figured it was from being in the country. 

      Wednesday we were suppose to have a play date with new friends. We had to cancel that. Then Jenna was going to take my boys so I could rest. But that morning Lucas's rash had spread on his face, so I took him to the pedi. He had strep too! But his throat never hurt and it never slowed him down. It kicked my tail all week. 

     Meanwhile, my Grandpa decided he wanted a second opinion. My sister found a surgeon to do surgery on him. He had that Friday, but I still felt terrible and had a horrible sore throat, so I couldn't go. Calli told him what I wanted to say to him. Calli told me he loved me and was proud of me and the life we had made for ourselves. Grandpa's surgery was an hour and four minutes long. And it was a success! We are so thankful we have more time with him. In the meantime, I started a second round of antibiotics. 

     Sunday I finally felt well enough to leave the house. Joshua took us to Babe's for lunch. It's one of our favorite places, and I was actually able to enjoy my meal. 

     It was definitely not the start to summer vacation we had anticipated. But God was good to us in the midst of all the craziness. And I'm so thankful for everyone who prayed for my Grandpa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment