Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Logan's Very First STAAR Day

     There is much pressure and stress for everyone involved with STAAR testing. Because of this, I decided back at the beginning of the school year we would treat this day for Logan as a special day as we do other milestones. 

     He began his day with pancakes and bacon made with love by his Grammie. She's not a morning person, but she got up extra early to cook his requested breakfast. 


   

      We took this picture to post in our Einstein Group on Facebook. You can see the nervousness on his little face. 


      We prayed on the way to school and claimed and prayed Philippians 4:13 and 1 Peter 5:7 for him. He had a nervous tummy, so Mr. Shafer gave him a couple of mints. Then he hung out in the hallway outside the testing room while I prepared for my day.  Right before teachers came to check out testing boxes, Leigh Ann snapped this picture of us, and then I hugged him and sent him off to the auditorium. 



     Then I watched him walk down the hall to his testing room and held back tears. How did we get to this moment so quickly?! 


     
     I told him this morning that all I wanted what his best, and I didn't care what his test score was as long as he did his best. When he came out at the end of the day, he was bouncy (I'm sure from being still and quiet all day) and happy. He said he did his best. And I knew in that moment he had given his best. 

     So this afternoon, we celebrated his first successful day of STAAR like I told him we would. He choose dinner at Chick-fil-A. He ate and played and was a carefree kid again. That brought the most joy to me today. 





For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. 
(Philippians 4:13 NLT)

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
(1 Peter 5:7 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment