Sunday, August 29, 2010

Confessions of a Working Mommy

Well, I finished my first week at work with my new class. Right now, I have 22 little darlings, 8 boys and 14 girls! You know there's a lot of taking going on in my room. I love them all already and think this is going to be a really good year! I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Back to school is always such a struggle for me because it comes with a wealth of emotions. Guilt for leaving my boys all day to be with other people's children and for loving my job and being excited about teaching. Fear that my boys and students aren't getting the best of me because of my divided heart. Joy at Lo and Luc's response when I come home each evening and when the light in my student's eyes come on when they get it!

This year though I finally have an underlying sense of peace because I know that I'm where God wants me to be doing what He want to do. He has chosen me to be His vessel of love and care to these 22 little darlings for the next 10 months. I also know that He's going to use them to teach me something about Himself and reveal to me something about me that needs to change so that I can be more like Him. The peace has finally come because I've finally surrenedered to His plan which includes me not being a stay at home mommy right now. For the first time in 4 years, I'm truly okay with being a working mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment